Prefabricated enclosures are pre-built modular structures utilized to protect equipment and provide a workspace for employees. They range from small constructions to full-scale buildings and can integrate climate control elements to further protect against environmental factors.
Creating a prefabricated enclosure requires many considerations. Depending on the requirements and restrictions of the application, such as whether it is intended for personnel or equipment, industry professionals can integrate a wide range of features. Choosing among these many design elements and bringing them to fruition can be daunting, but partnering with an experienced manufacturer can streamline the process.
At Commercial Structures, we have more than 40 years of experience conceptualizing, creating, and installing prefabricated and modular structures for our customers. From concept and design to installation and aftersales support, we deliver complete solutions. By working closely with customers throughout the design and manufacturing processes, we ensure that our solutions meet their exact needs.
What Are Prefabricated Enclosures?
The term “prefabricated” means that a product is manufactured to a client’s specifications off-site. For prefabricated enclosures, once they are fully fabricated and assembled, they are then delivered to and installed at the client’s facility or worksite.
In general, the function of a prefabricated enclosure is to protect equipment and personnel by providing a sealed and controlled environment. Manufacturers use many different construction materials to achieve this goal, such as stainless steel, concrete, aluminum, fiberglass, and wood. Depending on the application, they can also use a basic or highly customized design that enhances the aesthetic or functional qualities of the enclosure. Some of the features commonly added include:
- Automated door systems
- Environmental controls
- HVAC systems
- Interior storage
Benefits of Prefabricated Enclosures
When used in industrial and commercial applications, prefabricated enclosures offer several workplace benefits such as protecting sensitive equipment and providing a controlled work environment for employees. Some of the other practical benefits they offer include:
- Cost-effectiveness. Despite being custom-tailored to a client’s specifications, prefabricated enclosures are often made from standard parts, which reduces the cost of production.
- Quick lead times. The use of standard parts for construction and assembly also reduces the amount of time between initial request and solution delivery.
- Ease of assembly and disassembly. The often modular design of this type of enclosure facilitates assembly and disassembly if the company requires the structure’s relocation.
- Noise reduction. Enclosures with solid construction can contain noise, preventing it from carrying through to the rest of the facility.
- Eco-friendliness. Prefabricated enclosures are low-waste and help keep job sites clean.
- Endless customization options. Clients can select from various configurations and special features.
Applications of Prefabricated Enclosures
Prefabricated enclosures find application in a wide range of industries as:
- Heavy equipment enclosures
- Motor control centers (MCCs)
- Personnel buildings, such as in-plant offices, laboratories, and guard shack enclosures
- Water pump enclosures
Prefabricated Enclosures by Commercial Structures
At Commercial Structures, we offer a variety of services to ensure customers receive a solution that meets the unique specifications of their application, including:
- Design and engineering
- Delivery and setup
- Servicing and support
All of our prefabricated and modular buildings are designed and built to customer specifications. Before proceeding to the construction stage, we attain client approval on the design to ensure it meets their exact needs. Once we receive the okay, we fabricate and assemble the pieces to meet or exceed all applicable state and national standards, all within the approved upon budget and timeline. Some of the special features customers can add include FRP panels, sprinkler systems, and temperature controls.
By partnering with us for their prefabricated and modular building needs, customers benefit from our:
- Extensive experience. We’ve been in business since 1976, so we know what it takes to craft units that are 100% portable and can withstand even the harshest conditions.
- Rigorous inspection protocols. Our top-to-bottom inspection protocols ensure we provide reliable solutions that meet our customers’ needs.
- Short lead times. By leveraging standard parts to create custom solutions, we complete projects in as little as six weeks.
We’re proud to serve companies from a range of industries, including:
- Chemical plants
- Medical and dental
- Waste and sanitation
Our years of manufacturing experience, full-service capabilities, and broad selection of customization options position us as the ideal prefabricated enclosure partner. Contact us today to learn more about our capabilities or request a free quote to partner with us on your next project.