Modular prefabricated buildings are becoming increasingly popular across diverse industries and applications for their customizability and cost-effectiveness. Commercial Structures Corp. offers modular prefabricated buildings for reliable, secure chemical and hazardous material storage. Learn more about these modular structures, their benefits and applications, and how Commercial Structures can help fulfill your chemical storage needs.
Modular Prefabricated Chemical & Hazardous Material Storage Buildings Explained
Commercial Structures designs, constructs, and installs modular prefabricated chemical and hazardous material storage buildings to house and secure sensitive or contaminated materials. These versatile facilities are sufficient for storing or containing substances like chemicals, flammable materials, contaminated soil, and more. They also effectively protect workers, nearby communities, and the environment from these hazards.
We fabricate each of our custom modular buildings to provide dependable structural integrity for long-term use. These buildings are fire-rated for two and four hours for maximum safety and come with climate control systems for managing interior temperatures, regardless of ambient environmental conditions. We also offer additional features like drum cranes, loading ramps, shelves, and more to customize your space.
Benefits of Modular Prefabricated Chemical & Hazardous Material Storage Buildings
Organizations turn to modular buildings because of the wide range of advantages they present over conventional construction options. Some key benefits include:
- Convenience. Modular buildings are easy to install, modify, disassemble, and move as your facility space needs change over time. We also offer numerous sizes so you’ll get the exact space you need.
- High structural integrity. Modular buildings don’t sacrifice structural integrity and durability for convenience, however. They’re sturdy and built to withstand chemical exposure, corrosion, and adverse weather conditions.
- Enhanced worker safety. Modular buildings can offer the safety features you’d expect in conventional buildings. They have HVAC systems for ventilation, spill containment and fire suppression systems, and other safety mechanisms and signage to safeguard staff and the surrounding environment from unexpected leaks.
- Regulatory compliance. We design all of our chemical and hazardous material buildings to comply with applicable EPA, OSHA, FM, and NFPA standards regarding safety, fire, containment, and environmental protection.
- Customizable versatility. Whether you choose to install modular structures within your facility or as a standalone building, our prefabricated storage buildings offer a myriad of customizable features, allowing you to tailor your space to your unique application.
- Economical construction. Modular buildings are less expensive to construct than conventional buildings, especially within a tight timeline or in remote locations.
Applications of Modular Prefabricated Chemical & Hazardous Material Storage Buildings
Modular prefabricated hazardous material and chemical storage buildings can be beneficial for organizations in virtually every major industry. Companies often use these buildings to store small or multi-compartment containers, totes, pallets, and drums. They can also house lithium batteries, household waste, agricultural chemicals, and equipment. Though storage is the typical application, they’re also applicable for mixing and dispensing operations, secondary containment, and even command centers.
Commercial Structures serves the following industries with specialty storage spaces and more for chemicals and hazardous materials:
- Industrial. Industrial processes use a wide variety of both hazardous and non-hazardous materials. Prefab store buildings provide ongoing, customized storage that meets compliance and all necessary safety requirements.
- Agriculture. Agricultural operations rely on strong, potentially harmful chemicals. Our buildings can safely house everything from fertilizers to pesticides.
- Oil and gas. Drilling, production, and refinery operations in the oil and gas sector use modular buildings to store equipment and harmful chemicals at active sites and remote locations like offshore platforms.
- Environmental remediation. HAZMAT storage buildings are easy to move and install at each new environmental remediation locale. They can safely contain and store hazardous materials like contaminated soil on your project site.
- Emergency response. In addition to storing goods and supplies in the aftermath of a disaster, prefabricated buildings can also operate as response or preparedness command centers during emergencies like catastrophic weather events.
- Military. Prefabricated buildings are ideal for military operations as they’re easy to pack up and move, quick to reassemble, and offer safe, locked storage.
- Biotech and pharmaceuticals. Our buildings are applicable for storing biological materials, chemicals, pharmaceutical ingredients, and more in climate-controlled conditions.
Prefabricated Chemical & Hazardous Material Storage Building Sizes
Prefabricated chemical and hazardous material storage buildings range in size. Some applications require large buildings to house higher volumes of product, while other facilities may only need a small building for hazardous material storage. At Commercial Structures, we offer multiple building sizes to ensure we have a solution for any need, such as:
- 10′ x 5′ x 5’H
- 10 x 5′ x 10’H
- 15′ x 5′ x 10’H
- 20′ x 5′ x 10’H
- 24′ x 6′ x 10’H
- 30′ x 6′ x 10’H
- 20′ x 20′ x 10’H
- 30′ x 10′ x 10’H
Drum storage capacity varies depending on the enclosure. Our prefabricated chemical and hazardous material storage buildings facilitate drum storage capacity ranging from 8–96 drums.
Choose Commercial Structures for Modular Prefabricated Chemical & Hazardous Material Storage Buildings
Since 1976, our family-owned and -operated company has built high-quality structures to fit your budget and scale or enhance your business. Modular structures offer virtually endless possibilities for widespread industries, and our team can help you select from our vast material, design configuration, and specialty feature options to create the ideal prefabricated building for your application. Our turnkey services cover everything from design and manufacturing to delivery and installation to best serve you.
Request a quote today to start building your optimized storage facility for chemical and hazardous materials.